Sometimes I forget the power we have over our own day, over the way we feel, over the actions we can take to make your day better. I need to keep reminding myself that making my day go a little better is a conscious decision.
It’s completely normal to have bad days because of work, family, and emotional issues or we simply feel in a rut. What we must never forget is that the power to make us feel a little better and start getting out of that funk is within us. There are small changes we can make that won’t get rid of our issues or problems or what it may be is putting us down but it well help us feel better.
We all know of tons of things we should be doing like eating healthy, exercising, etc. but I wanted to do a list of small things I actually do every day that I have noticed make a significant difference in the way I feel:
- Drink a tall glass of water first thing in the morning
- This is the thing that really wakes me up, after I drink my water my brain feels ready to take anything on, not only my body. I have noticed that this glass of water makes also me want to drink more water throughout the day which is always a good thing.
- Avoid binge watching tv
- Don’t get me wrong I love TV but I feel bad when I feel I wasted my day or a significant amount of it by just watching something. I’m not telling you not to watch it just that If you have this amount of time available try to do divide it up and incorporate another activity or hobby.
- Read a book
- I’ve posted about why I read, but don’t get me wrong I’m not telling you that you have to go out and read The Iliad nor read a book in one seating. Take 10 minutes you have available and dive in every little bit counts and it will transport you and get your brain and imagination working.
- Saying have a nice day to people I meet or interact with
- I was always encouraged to say good morning please and thank you in my house when growing up and I try to do the same with my kids. I started saying “have a nice day” to the people I interact with and actually seeing their faces light up when you have that small gesture makes me feel as if we are all in a better place
- Make time for yourself
- Sit quietly with yourself and your thoughts for 5-10 minutes. This is really easily done it can be when you are in the bathroom if you don’t bring your phone in or when waiting for your kid’s class to end and are waiting in the car. Simply zone things it and sit with yourself you’ll be amazed when you actually take a little time to acknowledge your thoughts and feelings what happens to the way we feel.
Try to start with the small things and you will see how these add up, and don’t forget to connect with me via the comments or through the contact me page.