Round mirrors are part of an interior design trend that has been constantly showing up in my Pinterest feed, and every time they pop up I can’t help but start putting together rooms in my head where I incorporate them in the design. The scale of the mirror plays a huge part in the impact this minimal yet highly graphic element can have in a space. As you will see in the inspiration images the scale of the mirror is not only determined by its size, it’s mainly the size when compared to the elements that surround it.
Circles have huge symbolism and I think that’s why we tend to gravitate to them. Circles are a universal symbol more than a simple geometric shape, the fact that they have no beginning or end makes it represents something that is perfect, complete, whole and eternal. This is more than a trend, the round mirrors are classical and depending on the frame can be a part of your decor for a long time without having to worry if it goes out of style.
Here are some of the spaces I have seen that have really inspired me to write this post and search out sources so that you can add some design elements to your space.
Image via TheDesignChaser
Image via TheMakerista
Image via Sketch24Blog
Entryways aren’t the only place you can use a round mirror, here are some other uses to inspire you:
Image via DesireToInspire
Image via AfternoonTea
Image Via HomePolish
I really like the way they look in bathrooms, mainly because they add an organic element to an otherwise very rigid space. This contrast creates the right balance and also add a conversation piece to this type of space that tends to be overlooked.
Sourcing is one of my favorite things to do, I love going through the internet and searching for that perfect piece that a specific space needs. Do you like the trend? Are you able to identify a specific space in your house screaming for its very own round mirror? Here are my favorite 5 round mirrors and the sources where you can get them.
The round mirrors featured in my 5 favorites are:
- Stockholm Mirror from Ikea
- So simple yet so much design in the way the frame turns into a shelf at the button of the mirror. Love it and the IKEA price will always be right.
- Colorblocked Mirror from West Elm
- The simply yet graphic impact that the colorblock design has will make this eye catching element in any room
- Etienne Gold Round Mirror by Hickory Manor from BELLACOR
- The classical touch this mirror can add to a contemporary or modern room will make it stant out in such a way that just picturing it makes me want to start designing around it.
- Ball Chain Mirror by Jamie Young Company from BELLACOR
- Obsessed with the ball and chain frame of this mirror, and the antique gold finish is easy to mix with tons of styles you may have.
- Crescent Round Wall Mirror from CB2
- Make sure you take a close look at the details of the industrial iron ring that frames this window and the way it ledges, I’m in love with this detail.
Do you feel like this isn’t enough? The thing is I tend to limit the amount of options I give my clients, I only try to stick to the perfect pieces according to budget and design because some people don’t do so well with so many options, but if you feel like you need to see some more options here is the complete list of the 33 round mirrors I found while doing my research for this post and their sources. Feel free to take your time and really go through them and compare them until you find the perfect piece for your space!
I hope you are able to find a piece that is the perfect addition to your space! Let me know if you find it.